Process Engineer Epitaxy at SMART Photonics
Name of function: Process Engineer Epitaxy
Location: Eindhoven (several locations, like the High Tech Campus and Science Park at Eindhoven University of Technology)
Contract hours: full-time 40 hrs. p/w
Function description, inclusive responsibilities:
You will be responsible for all the Epitaxy work in engineering and production for Photonic devices.
You will report to the manager Engineering
- Development of processes and procedures for the production of wafers.
- Processing using the MOVPE reactor, including setting up and controlling epitaxy recipes.
- The chemical etching and handling of InP wafers.
- Characterisation of InP wafers using e.g. XRD and PL. including analysis and reporting.
- Responsible for the reliable and reproducible processes, including statistical process control (SPC) and continuous improvement
- Responsible for the uptime of the epitaxial reactors, including planned maintenance and assisting in repair of the tool.
Requirements for the function:
- BSc or MSc degree in Physics, Chemical Technology or similar
- 5-10 years working experience with MOVPE processes with III-V semiconductors
- Working experience in a production environment
- Experience with process improvement
- Hands-on mentality and pragmatic attitude
- Accurate and precise working attitude
- Can work under pressure
- Team player
- Good command of Dutch and English, verbally as well as in writing
What we offer
We offer a challenging function in a fast growing company using newly developed technology in a very dynamic environment. We offer a salary that is up to standard in the market.
Are you the pragmatic team player who is looking for a challenge?
Then please send your application to Edith van Nunen (firstname.lastname@example.org) with reference to the vacancy Process Engineer Epitaxy. For further information, please contact Kitty Jochem, manager Engineering of SMARTPhotonics at tel. 040-247 54 53.
SMART Photonics B.V. is an independent developer and producer of photonic components based on Indium Phosphide (InP). The company was founded in 2012 and is located in Eindhoven. In order to produce these photonic semi-conductor components SMART Photonics masters a new and unique technology and offers this technology as the first and only independent foundry worldwide. This technology has the potential to play a huge role in enabling the future 5G network, Internet of Things (IoT), Smart Mobility and many other applications for example in aviation, automotive and health.
By combining the unique SMART Photonics’ business model with the extensive knowledge of and experience in photonics, the company is very well positioned in responding to these opportunities successfully. In order to meet future customer demand, we established our production facility in 2015 at the High Tech Campus Eindhoven. Furthermore, we expect to realize a new and fully equipped state of the art foundry within a couple of years. On our website (www.smartphotonics.nl) more background information on SMART Photonics can be found.