Process Engineer Photonic IC packaging at LioniX
As Process Engineer Photonic IC packaging you are responsible for the development of photonic IC (PIC) packaging processes including the assembly equipment set up.
- Design of optical interconnection processes between optical fibers and PICs and between PICs and other optical chips (detectors, gain sections, lasers).
- Optimize product designs in cooperation with product design engineers to optimize manufacturability.
- Design assembly set ups for validation and prototyping of the assembly processes
- Specification and selection of (optical) parts for assembly and test set ups
- Building and iterating assembly and test set ups
- Testing and optimizing assembly processes
- Building prototypes
- MSc. degree in physics, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or mechatronics
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in engineering for assembly processes
- Practical and pragmatic approach
- Capable of working independently
- Able to work from an incomplete set of specifications
- Well organized
- Experience with optical measurement set ups is preferred
- Fluency in English
- Dutch or willing to learn to speak Dutch
Joost van Kerkhof (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Ronald Dekker (email@example.com)
LioniX International is a leading global provider of customized microsystem solutions, in particular integrated photonics-based, in scalable production volumes. We provide customized solutions for OEM’s and system Integrators, by vertical integration, from design to fully assembled modules. We continuously maintain our technology leadership secured in a strong IP position. LioniX International B.V. is a private company and has been established in April 2016, following the acquisition of SATRAX B.V., XiO Photonics B.V. and LioniX B.V., which initiated the technology development of photonic integrated circuits for a suite of applications since 2001. Currently LioniX International employs nearly 50, highly educated people, and its management has experience in the micro/nano system technology for decades. Further information on our website www.LioniX-International.com